Ocean Discovery Institute offers many opportunities for individuals to support our 100% tuition-free programs. We seek a wide variety of passionate and dedicated volunteers. Help us find the right opportunity for you. Are you:
Professionals and Graduate Students
High School to Post-College Individuals
looking to make
Individuals and Groups of All Ages
Ocean Discovery Institute has various volunteer opportunities available for anyone who is looking to make a difference in urban and underserved communities, from mentoring students to supporting programs behind-the-scenes. See all of your options below to find the right fit for you.
- AmeriCorps Discovery Fellow (12-months of full-time service)
- College Access Mentor (20 hrs. per month for 13 months)
- Data Management Assistant (2-5 hrs. per week on an ongoing basis)
- Research and Restoration Assistant (15 hrs. per week for 4 months)
- Science Education Mentor (5 hrs. per week for 3 months)
- Scientist-in-Residence (San Diego or Baja immersive residency)
- Spanish Instructor (2 hrs. per week for 3-12 months)
Are you ready to get involved?