Ocean Discovery Institute prides itself on providing our programs at no cost to our participants. This 100% tuition-free model ensures that all the young people in our school-shed can seize all of the opportunities we provide. It also means that we rely on the generosity of many individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies to ensure we have the resources needed to support this work. We ask you to join our community of support and consider a gift at whatever level is most meaningful to you.
Ways to Give
There are two ways that you can give to Ocean Discovery Institute: You can join our Visionary Community by signing up for a monthly automatic donation. Visionary Community members receive monthly updates and special opportunities for recognition. You can also make a one-time donation.
Why do thousands of people give to Ocean Discovery Institute each year? The answer is simple, our programs work and our students are becoming biotech professionals, engineers, environmental consultants, and the list goes on. With your support, we can grow to provide programming for all of the students in our school-shed and continue to empower our young people to achieve as leaders in science and conservation.
BUBBLE UP! GALA LIVE AUCTION
Turtle Island Resort, Fiji – $20,000 Value
Glide to the beach by seaplane and step into your exclusive paradise. This package includes:
- 7-night stay for two in 1 of only 14 beachfront villas on the island
- A dedicated “Bure Mama” assigned to tend to all your needs
- Exotic Fijian cuisine and fine dining for all meals
- Access to 500 acres of untouched tropical paradise while swimming, scuba diving, sunset cruising, sailing, and more!
This extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime trip can be won in two ways! 1.) You can bid on it during the live auction at Bubble Up! Gala or, for those who can’t make it to the event, 2.) you can purchase a $100 ticket for our opportunity drawing:
Donated by Turtle Island Resort. Expires 3/31/2021. Turtle Island is closed during scheduled maintenance and family times. A reservation can be finalized within 45 days of arrival, provided that suitable accommodations are available. The package does not include air travel to and from Fiji.
Vatuvara Private Islands, Fiji – $20,056 Value
Vatuvara Private Islands offers conscientious luxury to the discerning traveler, with an exclusive experience in the Northern Lau Group of Fiji – described by Forbes Magazine as “one of the world’s most beautiful places.” This package includes:
- 4-night stay in 1 of 3 all-inclusive private Villas
- Gourmet meals in seaside full-service restaurants, where everything is prepared for you from organic farms or fished from the surrounding waters
- Trips to nearby, uninhabited islands, cooking classes, and golf on Vatuvara’s four-hole organic golf course and putting green
Donated by Vatuvara Private Islands. Expires 11/1/2020. Package does not include airfare to and from Fiji, and booking will be based on resort availability.
Rancho La Puerta Escape – $9,100 Value
Rancho La Puerta is celebrating 75 years of helping guests embrace their lives and was just voted “World’s Best Destination Spa” by readers of Travel + Leisure Magazine. This package includes:
- 1-week stay for two at Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort & Spa
- All food and beverage
- Access to more than 50 different fitness classes a day, use of all facilities, evening programs, and entertainment
- Scheduled transportation to and from the San Diego Airport
Donated by Rancho La Puerta Fitness Resort & Spa. Expires 11/30/2020. Stay must be during months of July – December. Cooking classes, spa treatments, and personal training sessions are not included.
Explore rancho mirage – $7,000 Value
Enjoy a historically designated Mid-Century home located in Rancho Mirage convenient to golf courses, shopping, and downtown Palm Springs.
This package includes:
- Enjoy a 7-night stay in a luxury home including 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and full casita.
Donated by Mr. Greg Simone and Dr. Eric Dube. Blackout dates may apply, expires Nov. 2020
Air, land, and sea – $3,800 Value
The Lodge at Torrey Pines invites you to experience a beautiful resort. Located on the world-renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course and surrounded by breathtaking views of our coastline. This staycation is not complete without dinner at the Marine Room with spectacular panoramic views of the Pacific and exceptional cuisine. This package includes:
- 2-night stay for two people with breakfast included and dinner at A.R. Valentien
- Dinner for two at the Marine Room
- 45 min. helicopter tour for four along the coast
Donated by The Lodge at Torrey Pines, Marine Room, and Mark Carter. The Lodge at Torrey Pines expires 11/3/2020, restrictions may apply. Marine Room dinner expires 11/11/2020. Helicopter Tour expires 11/2/2020.
Sand & Slopes – $3,150 Value
This is perfect for the traveler who wants a little bit of everything- a mountain getaway and a tropical beach vacation. This package includes:
- 2-night stay for six at the cozy Ballentine Lodge in Big Bear
- 7-night stay for four in Mexico at the pristine Troncones Beach, enjoy a 2-bed & 2-bath Villa in the newly updated South Wing at Casa Colorida
Donated by Ballentine Architects and Ann Hatfield-Merritt. Ballentine Lodge- Expires 5/01/2020; Subject to availability. Not valid for holidays or special events. Advance reservations required. Casa Colorida- Expires 09/31/2019 Can be used starting 4/30/2020.
Fiesta in Los Cabos – $2,300 Value
You’ll enjoy dining, nightlife, and stunning ocean vistas at this 5-star luxury beachfront resort. This package includes:
- 7-night stay in a suite at Club Casa Dorada Spa and Golf Resort at the Hilton Los Cabos
- 2 round-trip Southwest Airline Tickets to Los Cabos, Mexico
Donated by Liz Carnes and Southwest Airlines. Expires 10/31/2020. Subject to availability. Holiday weeks excluded. Check-in must begin on a Saturday. Southwest airfare, blackout dates may apply, expires Sep. 2020.
Eco Retreat Baja Experience – $2,100 Value
Immerse yourself in the biodiversity of Baja California, Mexico with Baja Expeditions. This package includes:
- 2-night all-inclusive camping eco-adventure for 2 people with water transportation to and from the island. All meals, soft drinks, kayaks at the base camp, bedding, double occupancy tent, snorkel gear, guide, and camping crew are provided.
- 2-night stay at El Angel Azul Hacienda, 1 night before your journey and 1 at the end.
Donated by Baja Expeditions and El Angel Azul Hacienda.
DISCOVER PUERTO VALLARTA – $7,800 Value
Puerto Vallarta is situated along the Pacific Coast of Mexico and is a vibrant beautiful beach town. This package includes:
- 7 night stay in a three-bedroom home steps from the beach. This home includes an infinity pool overlooking the beach and is walking distance romantic Old Town, Puerto Vallarta.
- Enjoy 2 Southwest roundtrip tickets to Puerto Vallarta
Donated by Yvette Diuri and Southwest Airlines. Blackout travel dates and restrictions apply. Puerto Vallarta home, blackout dates apply and expires Nov. 2020. Southwest Airfare, blackout dates may apply expires Sep. 2020.
LIVING LAB COOKING CLASS – priceless
Rancho La Puerta has developed, tested, and proven hundreds of recipes since 1940. Over seventy-five years of culinary creativity, experimentation and dietary research have culminated in a superb all-natural diet. This package includes:
- Cooking class for 10 people at the Living Lab
- Learn from premier chefs from Rancho La Puerta and La Cocina Que Canta.
Donated by Rancho La Puerta and Wine Hooligans. Blackout dates apply and subject to availability, expires 11/2020
Bubble Up! Gala – Make A Difference Pledge
You can directly support Ocean Discovery students by pledging a gift at any level that is meaningful to you. The levels include:
- $50,000 to ensure our students can become biotech engineers, environmental consultants, and public policy professionals who will make a difference.
- $25,000 to empower thousands of additional young people through 100% tuition-free programs in the heart of their community.
- $15,000 to ensure in-school science programs grow from serving grades 3-6 to K-8.
- $10,000 to increase community programs from 3 times a year to 3 times per week.
- $5,000 to provide youth with work experience through internships at the Living Lab.
- $2,500 to enable all City Heights students to interact with our Scientists in Residence.
- $1,000 to bring all City Heights schools on field trips to our state-of-the-art labs.
- $500 to provide our community with nutrition classes in the Community Kitchen.
- $100 to provide alumni-led science programs for all our middle school students.
Our Living Lab was made possible through the generosity of many donors. Several of our generous supporters have contributed significant gifts that will be memorialized as named spaces throughout the facility. There are several spaces still available for naming rights and we would love to discuss these opportunities with you. Just connect to our Director of Philanthropy at email@example.com, call us at 619.795.8365, or click on the link below for more information.