Volunteer as a science leader
We exclusively reach young people from City Heights, a low-income, urban, and racially diverse community. By providing young people with science education, mentorship, and the tools to overcome challenges and enter science and science-related fields.
We need racially diverse volunteers willing to share their journey of becoming science leaders! We commit to ensuring the majority of all volunteers reflect the students of the community of City Heights.
About the Opportunity
Participate in a virtual Q & A about your career pathway and journey as a science leader. Encourage and answer questions that help students explore science and various career paths.
- Prepare one visual (e.g., photo or photos) to support your conversation.
- Connect what you do to the day’s lesson (we will help you prepare).
- Must be an undergraduate student, graduate student, or professional in science or science-related fields. This includes working for a science company.
- Two 20-minute virtual appearances.
- One 30-minute block to review training and prepare visuals.
Dates and Times
We offer both morning and afternoon sessions.
- Morning Session (In-school programs)
- 9:45 AM – 10:15 AM
- 10:35 AM – 10:55 AM
- 10:40 AM – 11:10 AM
- 10:45 AM – 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Session (Out of school programs)
- 2:15 PM – 2:45 PM
- 3:45 PM – 4:05 PM
Virtually over Zoom for 20 minutes.
Step 1: Fill out a Volunteer Application.
Step 2: Sign-up for the dates and times that work for you!
(If this is your first time signing up, you will be prompted to register first. This is a one-time step to get you into our system. Once you are registered, you can sign up for future dates with your newly created credentials.)