2020-21 Program Information
- All grades K-5 will receive two virtual Ocean Discovery lessons
- Lesson 1: Virtual field trip to coast: Explore tide pool animals!
- Lesson 2: Virtual visit to our Living Lab: Learn how to make a difference to protect the oceans!
- Program Details
- Each lesson 45 minutes
- 2 Ocean Discovery instructors will join your Zoom meeting
- Students will learn about tide pool animals, the rocky seashore habitat, and Marine Protected Areas
- Each grade will receive the same program
- Before each Zoom class
- Ensure your Zoom meeting does not require authentication – otherwise Ocean Discovery cannot join!
- At the start of each Zoom class
- Allow both Ocean Discovery instructors to be co-hosts
- Share with your instructors any class norms you have, including:
- Muting/unmuting of students
- Hand-raising & answering questions
- Students’ use of the Zoom chat
- During the Zoom class
- Help us to call on students with raised hands (especially at the coast)
- Assist with muting/unmuting as needed
- Students need something to draw with for 2nd lesson (pencil & paper, whiteboard, etc.)
Contact interim program manager Joel Barkan (email@example.com) for any questions on program logistics.
Click on your school name below to see this year’s schedule. Please note that in order to best accommodate your virtual schedule and the switch to a traditional calendar, your Ocean Discovery program may be scheduled at a different time of year than normal. Please check for your name for both Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 for date and timing. Teacher names will be updated as the new school year information is provided to us. Please contact program coordinator Rachel Whelan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any scheduling questions.